The modern media landscape provides a never-ending stream of contradictions, absurdities, and outright distortions, each one further damaging the public trust in traditional news outlets. Most are honest mistakes made by jaded corporate journo-masturbators in the breathless pursuit of ratings and clicks, but media manipulation and idiocy are also sometimes the products of Deep State meddling.
From all across the web, here are our picks for 25 (more) reasons why the public’s trust in mainstream media outlets continues to deteriorate. Vol. 1 is here, Vol. 2 is here, and Vol. 3 is here. Vol. 4 is here.
1) The Sympathetic Pedophile? (published right after conviction):
2) He’s so obsessed with Russia:
3) …Or does she?
4) This is getting genuinely confusing:
5) The Emoji: A barometer for racial progress:
6) How did this get through editorial?
7) Thou Shalt Follow At Least One Woman On Twitter:
8) Who do you think you are, some kind of expert on Haiti?
9) Journalist: Ratings are down…until Trump says they’re down:
10) What, exactly, constitutes a “hate crime” then?
11) No kidding?
12) What are the criteria for being a “white supremacist” again?
13) Who indeed:
14) We all saw how this one turned out:
15) If he were a white guy opening fire on Muslims at thier mosque, I honestly do imagine there’d be more uproar:
16) The standards sure have gotten low:
17) All Fear the Uncaged Wrath of the THUNDER PUNDIT:
18) That’s an unsual-looking migrant you’ve got there:
19) This is the ethical kind of brutal, indiscriminate violence:
20) Damned if they do, damned if they don’t:
21) Where’s the Pulitzer committee on this one?
23) Well now, that’s just rude:
24) Just wake me up when you figure it out:
25) Just a random passer-by: